Prof. Dr. Klaus von Heusinger
Professor of German Linguistics
Department of German Language und Literature I – Linguistics
Visitor Address and Office Hours:
Philosophikum, Room 2.116
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 4884
Office at the CRC 1252 Prominence in Language
Luxemburger Straße 299, room 1.09
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 89900
Key research areas
- Foundations of Linguistics
- Semantics and Pragmatics
- Contrastive Linguistics (Germanic – Romanic – Altaic)
von Heusinger, Klaus & Umut Özge. 2021. Inferable and partitive indefinites in topic position. In Anke Holler, Katja Suckow & Israel de la Fuente (eds.), Information structuring in discourse, 112-140. Leiden: Brill.
Konuk, Gökben & Klaus von Heusinger. 2021. Discourse prominence in Turkish: The interaction of grammatical function and semantic role. In Yulia Sinitsyna & Sergei Tatevosov (eds.), Proceedings of the 15th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (WAFL 15), 109–120. Cambridge, MA: MIT Working Papers in Linguistics. preprint: pdf
Donazzan, Marta, Clémentine Raffy & Klaus von Heusinger. 2020. Causation and dispositions: Towards a semantic characterization of the french causative verb laisser. Bucharest Working Papers in Linguistics XXII(2), 55-75. doi: https://bwpl.unibuc.ro/vol-xxii-nr-2/. [PDF]
- Spokesperson of the Collaborative Research Centre 1252 Prominence in Language
- B04 - Interaction of nominal and verbal features for Differential Object Marking
- C04 - Conceptual and referential activation in discourse
- Partitivity and Altaic Languages
- Composing events in Romance causative constructions and the semantics of causation
- Differential Object Marking in Catalan and language contact
- Argument Structure in Discourse
- Closed projects
Teaching and Supervision
Current office hours: Dates and registration at Scheduler.
Consultation hours will be held as video conference via Zoom. Registration must be made via Scheduler. You will receive information about the procedure after registration. If you would like be consulted via telephone, please indicate this when you register.
Please send your questions about teaching and supervision at team-kvonheusinger(at)uni-koeln.de.