Prof. Dr. Klaus von Heusinger
Professor of German Linguistics
Department of German Language und Literature I – Linguistics
Visitor Address and Office Hours:
Philosophikum, Room 2.116
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 4884
Office at the CRC 1252 Prominence in Language
Luxemburger Straße 299, room 1.09
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 89900
Key research areas
- Foundations of Linguistics
- Semantics and Pragmatics
- Contrastive Linguistics (Germanic – Romanic – Altaic)
von Heusinger, Klaus & Umut Özge. 2021. Inferable and partitive indefinites in topic position. In Anke Holler, Katja Suckow & Israel de la Fuente (eds.), Information structuring in discourse, 112-140. Leiden: Brill.
von Heusinger, Klaus & Roya Sadeghpoor. 2020. The specificity marker -e with indefinite noun phrases in Modern Colloquial Persian. In Kata Balogh, Anja Latrouite & Robert D. Van Valin Jr. (eds.), Nominal anchoring, 115–147. Berlin: Language Science Press.
Brocher, Andreas, Frederike Weeber, Jet Hoek & Klaus von Heusinger. 2020. Referent management in discourse: The accessibility of weak definites. In S. Denison, M. Mack, Y. Xu & B.C. Armstrong (eds.), Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 2829–2835. Toronto: Cognitive Science Society
- Spokesperson of the Collaborative Research Centre 1252 Prominence in Language
- B04 - Interaction of nominal and verbal features for Differential Object Marking
- C04 - Conceptual and referential activation in discourse
- Partitivity and Altaic Languages
- Composing events in Romance causative constructions and the semantics of causation
- Internal Arguments in Romance
- Closed projects
Teaching and Supervision
Current office hours: Dates and registration at Phil Services.
Consultation hours will be held as video conference via Zoom. Registration must be made via Phil Services. You will receive information about the procedure after registration. If you would like be consulted via telephone, please indicate this when you register.
Please send your questions about teaching and supervision at team-kvonheusinger(at)uni-koeln.de.